Sunday, December 27, 2009

27.12.09

I came across this trailer the other day when the gang and I watched Sherlock Holmes on Christmas Eve, which is an amazing movie by the way. Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr. were uh-ma-zingly good! Back to the trailer, so, you know how I always behave and along with Jess and JoJo. When we saw the trailer, we're like: Ok, that guy is Hot. :)

But after that, the apparently hot guy totally just disappear from my mind. Until, I went and watch Avatar with my family, which also is another great movie. The trailer played again and this time, it got me really wondering what is it about.

So, I did research. LOL. The things I would do for a hot guy. :)

Turn out, the movie is like Harry Potter, sort of, since it's of a series. The Percy Jackson and the Olympians or something. I dug a little bit more and voila, I found the e-book. I read the first book, Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief (which is also the movie coming out in February 2010). I think it was kinda cool, though of course, it's targeted for a younger audience.

Fine, it's for kids. But it's really read-worthy!

This is a story about the Greek Gods. You know, Athena, Zeus, Poseidon, Hades etc. And it's about how they love to wander off to the mortal world and lay their seeds around. :) Thus, producing demigods: half human + half God.

I don't really know how to explain anymore other than, it's really nice. Not your usual "I love you and I'll be a vampire for you" kinda story *hint hint*

Ok: Here's the trailer that started it all.

*Notice that it's stated there: Yancy Academy*
*And that the actor is really cute*

Random note: Is it me, or do you somehow read Peter Jackson instead of Percy? I swear, every time, I read it as Peter, and then I have to correct myself.

0 chitters: